Filed Under: International
The US may seem like the 800-pound gorilla with MOOC providers such as EdX, Udacity and Coursera signing millions of students and bringing in big-name venture capitalists. But Europe invented the concept of higher learning – from Plato’s Ancient Greece to the medievel universities of Bologna and Paris to powerful universities in places like Germany, Prague, Spain, Denmark and Sweden.Continuing Education, Education Quality, International, MOOCs, OER - Open Educational Resources, Open Source Education, Personalized Learning, Required, Universities & Colleges Jun 5, 19:45
- Non-Profit MOOCs Emerging on EdX? : A MOOC on Building Footbridges Over Rivers?
- Exclusive: To MOOC Or Not To MOOC? Harvard Literary Theorist Stephen Greenblatt Ponders The Future
- ILearn Conference in France: Sally Moore on Why Universities Lag Corporate e-Learn Spending
- Interview: Professor Volker Markl Talks About Berlin As Startup Hub & TU Berlin Partnerships With IBM, SAP & Others
- iversity’s €250,000 MOOC Fellowship Contest Finalists Open For Voting Till May 22
- MOOC Smackdown: Coursera vs. AFT
- Udemy & TechCrunch Launch Fee-Based MOOC Provider Called “CrunchU”
- VIDEO: Online Learning in Higher Ed … An Avalanche Coming?
- Five Questions With An EdTech CEO: Will Accredible.com Certificates Succeed?
Campus BuzzFollow WiredAcademic
Tips & Pitches
Latest WA Original Features
Paul Glader, Managing Editor
Eleni Glader, Policy Editor
Elbert Chu, Innovation Editor
Michael B. Horn @michaelbhorn
Annie Murphy Paul @AnnieMurphyPaul
Frank Catalano @FrankCatalano
Ryan Craig @UniVenturesFund
Jonathan Mugan @JMugan
Terry Heick @TeachThought
Alison Anderson @tedrosececi
The Pulitzer Prize winning investigation newsroom digs into for-profit education.
- Inside Ashford University: A former staffer talks to WiredAcademic
- MOOC Monitor: European Union Unveils Its Own MOOC Consortium... OpenUpEd
- Infographic: A Comparison Of For-Profits v. Non-Profit Online College Data
- Infographic: How Is The Internet Changing Education & Classrooms?
- Davos: 12-Year-Old Pakistani Prodigy Girl Talks About Her Online Learning
MARKET INTRADAY SNAPSHOT
- Education & Tech Companies We Follow